November 13, 2016

Plans

I continue to work on binding for Roxanna's quilt and I am getting close. I am watching the Netflix show, The Crown, and stitching along as I watch.  I have managed to get 80 to 90% of the binding hand sewn.  I even moved my projected deadline up!   I think another couple evenings of stitching while watching The Crown and I will be able to throw this puppy into the wash and hang it on the clothesline next weekend.   Well, that's my plan barring any crazy other diversion that comes my way.....













I brought some wonderful new solids from Moda that go with the jelly roll I have in my stash.    I really want to try one of those quilt as you go quilts in a chevron pattern.   Since jelly rolls are already cut in 2 1/2 strips, that's half the battle.   This is going to be the carrot that I dangle in front of myself to work on AFTER I get the two completed quilt tops assembled.    Good winter time projects.....nice warm quilt across your lap in the evenings as you stitch up the binding.   Again, sounds like a great plan.


Next up....remember me being so happy to pull Blessed Be out of the finished basket and then I pinned and framed it...... it's seasonal and it looks good right.......well, thanks for an observant reader........seems I missed something else......


















It is so obvious now that Mary told me.    She was concerned she was being  a "Debbie Downer".....not in  the least.   We stitchers like constructive input.  OK, so sometime in January I will unframe, unpin, add those 9 missing stitches and put it back together again.  It is true what my kids say.....I am a dingbat.    



Miss Mary Mack is coming along well.   I haven't put much time in her since my floss arrived but she is getting there.   I think I have finalized the fabric I plan to use as the back of the pillow and I am planning to coffee stain this piece after I have completed the stitching.  I know....it is out of order but I want to make it look old and worn and faded at the same time.   The WDW Molasses is not quite a black brown as WDW Mascara but I am not about to restart this gal and I am thinking - operative words "I am thinking", I can create a sepia tone effect.


Last up, be watching for my next post on the Corsica River Stitch-a-long.   I may have some good news as far a shopping of supplies as well as I have planned a suggested completion schedule.   Be on the lookout on the 22nd of the month for an update.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week in stitches everyone!





3 comments:

  1. So, so many wonderful projects on your blog today! I love binding by hand. I wish I could quilt faster just to do binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog header is adorable. Good for you on getting the binding just about finished on your quilt. Miss Mary Mack looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that little guy looks like you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.