February 25, 2017

My Week in Stitches

A quick update on my stitching progress.   Stealing minutes here and there to get a few stitches in.   Extra hours at work continue but I do see light at the end of this tunnel and IT IS NOT the oncoming training.

Uncle Sam is zooming along.    He is stitched to about his knees.   The rest of his pants should go quickly, then add his shoes.   The pattern is marked to stitch them in dark navy but I may change them to a brown.   I'll have to pull some colors and think about it.


I started my SAL Corsica River.   This is a Queenstown Sampler by Barbara Hutson - and how cool that she has joined our FB SAL page!  She has already shared info and detailed photos.

It is kind of hard to visualize but these are 36-inch scroll rods.

 And that is a 15-inch floor tile behind it........oh what have I gotten myself into here!

It actually is going nicely.   Easy for me to say since I am only halfway across row one of page one of  the pattern.    I am enjoying the fun of charting the path in and out on the blackwork.   I like the challenge.  If I keep up at this rate, I will be able to finish all of Row 1 in the 8 weeks I allowed for it.   It would be kind of a faux pas for me not to keep up since I am hosting the SAL and I created the schedule!  


I'm off to the convention center to set up the Silent Auction for the Annual AHA Gala and checking that job off as completed!  One major work project done and one to go.....then back to the normal bedlam!

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching all.
SaveSave

2 comments:

  1. Robin, you are off to a great start on your Corsica SAL piece. I look forward to seeing your progress on this one. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, Uncle Sam is adorable! Off to a great start on the Corsica piece. What an undertaking!!! How are you managing the 36 inch scroll rods? I'm finding it difficult with 18" and you're talking twice that long! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.