March 4, 2017

Perspective

I am a week in on my Queenstown Sampler SAL Corsica River.   In my mind I have divided the first row into 8 target points of completion and at the end of the first ten days, I am on target.  I am pretty sure I can stay on track.  Yea me and all my SAL buddies!

And then a dose of reality.   I referred back to the pix of the completed project.....progress I am happy with but oh so far to go.   Inside that little square marked off with snips of a post-it note, is what I have accomplished to date.  I actually met Barbara Hutson, the sampler designer, last summer and she said the first row was the hardest......I am keeping that in mind as I work my blackwork across the fabric.  What a feeling of accomplishment this will be when finished.  

But, here's another look at perspective........my orchids haven't bloomed for two years but I held out hope.   I continued to water, sparingly, and to fertilize and nothing.....but I kept on keeping on.




I am thinking of the reward at the end of the wait as I stitch on Corsica River because I know I will be rewarded for my efforts.  Somedays it is annoying balancing the large scroll frame but if i stay on schedule, in two years I will have a completed sampler!  Hmmm, two years (and a bit) away from retirement......I think I have new incentive to reach each milestone.

See it all does depend on where you stand.  

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching and your plant is beautiful , there is hope for my orchid yet then !

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got lots of people cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful sampler, your work on it is already lovely! The final product will be breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have made good progress. Here cheering you! Your orchid is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings Robin: I love this design, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
    Love the orchids, so beautiful.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.