January 28, 2018

In 500 words or less....

Well isn't that funny.....I have never been one for just a few words....but here's to trying.

Got another motif done on the Quaker Halloween by Lila's Studio.


Getting there, one motif at a time......

Spent a nice day of stitching with some friends and was able to put a dent, albeit a small one, in Corsica River.
 Don't mind all the trailing threads.


And I treated myself to a wooden spool cabinet.    I saw this in a local antique shop when I was Christmas shopping.  I toyed with the idea back and forth of buying/not buying.   Finally the first week of January I thought if it is still there, it is mine.   I placed the call and a "sold" sign with my name was put on it until I could get there to pick it up.

It has six drawers, with the top four divided.   I don't know if it is really a spool cabinet, but that is what I am plan to use it for.


 It is about 2 inches wider then the JP Coats drawers so it may not stay where I placed it.
 Thanks for stopping by and keep on stitching.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely set of spool drawers you came home with! Nice progress on Corsica River and I like the medallion you just finished. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your stitching projects. Fantastic find on the spool cabinet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin: Corsica River is really coming along, nice progress.
    The fabric and the motifs for your Sampler are beautiful.
    What a beautiful find I would use it for spools myself, I should visit a Vintage/Antique shop sometime.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cabinet! It looks so nice full of thread.

    I've never stitched a Quaker and I need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely progress and looking good

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, love the Halloween Quaker.
    What a great cabinet you found, it's in great shape. a real treasure.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.