May 20, 2018

What I say and what I do

Are definitely two different things.   Oh, yes, I pledge that I am going to stitch on nothing but this or that for now and nothing else.    Oh those words taste so good when eaten with a side of hummus and baby carrots.   

So what am I fessing up to.......oh, I was only going to stitch on Halloween Quaker until finished.        Above, is where I was after retreat.....below, my progress this week.  Thank goodness for photos because I actually I can see I had more progress that I thought.


 I did finish my Prim Stitchers Retreat pre-stitch with time to spare.

Prim Stitchers have shared an additional free pattern that I may try to stitch up before the retreat.    It is a motif from Beth Seal at Summer House Stitch Workes.   If we provide the finished stitch and two 1/2 yard pieces of fabric, Carolina Stitcher will stitch us up a project bag.  And since it is Carolina Stitcher and since I signed up for a Beth Seal class in Lancaster in June, I can hardly pass that up right?
  Above the pin keep and on the right, the floss tag for the Beth Seal Class in Lancaster at the end of June.
 I love how these colors blended as stitched.

Below is the exchange piece for the Prim Stitchers Retreat that I finished this week.    I think I may have to glue the button down.    It came out a little lack luster then my vision.

 I don't know if I  will take it or keep it.  I filled it with crushed walnut shells and lavender.   The button is one I bought in NYC at Mood in April.  I am happy with the work and finish, it is just that is it smaller than I expected it to be and I don't want to be that one that brings a lame exchange piece.

Earlier in the week I made chocolate covered pretzels for the bridal shower of a friend's daughter.



I also made little bags of covers chocolates for shower favors.

Coming up this week is some longed for days without rain!    The yard and all the flower beds are in great shape but I have yet to plant any of my pots or my vegetables.   I am longing to get some bright red geraniums in for that pop of color.  Hopefully, Mother Nature will cooperate and I can get some plants in.   I am afraid to go out and buy too many this week as I will be  away all next week and fear I won't get them in before I leave.    At this rate, I guess I will be enjoying my first round of veggies when everyone else is enjoying their bummer crops!

Thanks fo stopping by and keep on stitching.

4 comments:

  1. You have made good progress on the Halloween piece. Way to go on getting your pre-stitching finished along with the strawberry for the exchange. I don't think it is lame at all. The pretzels and bags of mini candy bars look super. Where do you find narrow clear bags like the ones you used? Enjoy the coming week! Happy planting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on Halloween Quaker.
    The exchange pieces are nice, and all of the shower favors are so pretty!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your strawberry is perfect...you know what they say...good things come in small packages!!! I just finished my exchange piece too and am getting excited about the retreat---see you late next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin: Your exchange piece is lovely.
    Your Halloween piece is beautiful, I love the fabric choice.
    I did pink and white germaniums this years instead of red.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks is much for stopping by. I so enjoy your comments even if I do not always reply. Have a great day that hopefully includes a bit of stitching.